Chuy Chihuahua’s Snow Day Adventures!

January 29, 2014

in Chuy Chihuahua,Wordless Wednesday

Living in Virginia Beach means that it’s not often that you get to see snow . . . so when you do it’s kind of a big deal. Trust me, I’m perfectly OK with our mild winters and rare snow sightings! Any time our area is predicted to have even a dusting, the city shuts down because we just aren’t equipped with the proper snow removal equipment. Unfortunately for me, I never get a snow day because I work from home

Last week, we ended up getting about 4 inches of snow! Since it is so rare, the amateur photography lover in me HAD to venture down to the beach to snap a few shots. We weren’t there long because it was FREEZING!

Chuy is NOT a fan of the snow. He’s got Mexican blood in him and will take a hot day over a snow day. He is a sun loving, beach dog for sure! I always let him out in our backyard to do his business and he was quite confused about where the grass had gone.

Chuy Chihuahua Snow Day

Crusing down the strip looking for a parking space.

Chuy Chihuahua Snow Day Adventure

A lot of the snow had already melted from the boardwalk but the sand was frozen solid!

Chuy Chihuahua Snow Day Adventure

Chuy Chihuahua Snow Day Adventure

Chuy Chihuahua Snow Day Adventure

Chuy Chihuahua Snow Day Adventure

Chuy Chihuahua Snow Day Adventure

There is no time to look cute and take pictures. I just need to do my business and get out of here!

Chuy Chihuahua Snow Day Adventure

I’ll just hide inside of Daddy’s coat, so I can stay warm!

Chuy Chihuahua Snow Day Adventure

Chuy Chihuahua Snow Day Adventure

Chuy Chihuahua Snow Day Adventure

What does your dog think about the snow? Leave us a comment below! Check out Chuy’s Adventures for more pics of Chuy the Chihuahua!

Related posts:

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

Oz the Terrier January 29, 2014 at 9:02 am

Gorgeous beach photos, even if it was frozen. I love the photo of the palm trees dusted with snow…and of course, Chuy looks as handsome as ever.
Happy WW,
Oz

Diane @ To Dog With Love January 29, 2014 at 10:57 am

Wow! It looks so pretty there. Rocco’s experiencing his first snow in Atlanta today! He seemed a bit confused at first too… and then got the zoomies! Stay warm!
Your pals,
Diane and Rocco

Dawn January 29, 2014 at 11:42 am

It’s completely understandable that Chuy doesn’t like snow. Maya and Pierson have thicker fur and so absolutely love the snow. Great photos! It looks like you all at least had a little fun, despite the cold.

Aimee Beltran February 3, 2014 at 10:56 am

I saw a few Huskies out in the snow and they were having a blast! Chuy finally came around to playing in the snow once the temps went back up to 50 LOL. Chihuahuas just love the heat!

Piranha Banana January 29, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Thanks for sharing – love the photos – sorry you got all that snow! Something funny about seeing snow amongst palm trees – BOL!

WOOF WOOF!

Check out my latest blog entry regarding the boots that mysteriously reappeared — never mind that Daisy and I did not want to go outside in the severe Chicago temperatures and snow! http://piranhabanana.blogspot.com/

Nailah Bone January 29, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Wow, the sand was frozen? I can’t even imagine that. By the way, you take great pictures! :)

Aimee Beltran January 30, 2014 at 3:34 pm

It was weird to not sink in it when walking! Thank you :)

Amanda January 29, 2014 at 11:45 pm

Chuy is just so handsome! :) I have a long-haired Chi! :)

Aimee Beltran January 30, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Awww thank you!

Erika and Sebastian January 30, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Wow, beach AND snow. Sebastian and I have so many mixed feelings about that. Sebastian definitely prefers to stay warm. But last time we went to the snow, he rolled in it like it was grass!

xoxoxoxo,