If you’re like me, you take a gazillion pics of your pet on Instagram. If people don’t like Chihuahuas and they’re following me, I must really get on their nerves! Sorry I’m not sorry! I don’t like the idea of all my memories only living online through my computer and phone. I like to print out pics and create things out of them so that the memories will be there even when the technology isn’t. I guess I’m old fashioned like that lol.
I wanted something creative to display some of my Instagram pics of Chuy. I randomly found these colorful Dachshunds while browsing around Party City. They aren’t Chihuahuas but close enough!
I tend to hoard plastic animals for projects that I don’t even know I’m going to make yet. Then the idea just came to me! Why not make them into Instagram Pic Holders?! This project takes no time at all and is really easy to do.
Supplies You Need
- Plastic Animals (I found my colorful Dachshunds for a quarter each at Party City in the party favor aisle)
- Paper Clips
- Printed Instagram Pics (I used an app on my phone called Printicular. You can order IG pics and pick them up in less than an hour from Walgreens!)
- Power Drill
- 1/16 drill bit
Step by Step Instructions
1. Gently unfold the open end of a paper clip.
2. Straighten the open end of the paper clip so that there aren’t kinks in the wire. You’ll want to keep this as straight as possible.
3. Time to get out the power drill! Take one of the plastic animals and drill a hole in the middle of the back. I used a 1/16 drill bit for these little hot dogs. You may need a different size depending on the plastic animal you are using.
4. Take the long end of the paper clip that you’ve unfolded and stick it in the drilled hole on the plastic animal.
5. Take one of the printed instagram pics and place it in the paper clip holder.
Aren’t they just irresistible?! I ended up displaying mine on my office bookshelf. These are also great for your desk, a random shelf, or anywhere that just needs a little bit of cheering up!
For more pet inspired DIY ideas, check out our project gallery!
Have an idea you’d like to see, leave a comment below and we’ll add it to our to-do list!
Love + Paws,
Aimee + Chuy