Now that summer is here, you might be wondering “what do I need to take to the beach with a dog?” It’s not a secret that Chuy LOVES the beach. Since we are true beach bums, I’ve put together a list of the must have items for the beach with your dog. In addition to this packing list, check out our Tips for Taking Your Dog to the Beach.
1. Collapsible Bowl – This might be the most important thing to pack in your beach bag. Your dog needs somewhere to drink water. This leads me to #2!
2. Water – We always take several bottles of water with us in the cooler or a beach bag like this. – You can freeze a few the night before so you have cool water to drink. Throw in some bottles for drinking and an extra for rinsing excess sand/salt off your dog.
3. Poop Bags – Please clean up after your dogs! Nothing irritates me more than pet parents that don’t do this! Especially at the beach where nobody wants to find a surprise under the sand!
4. Umbrella or Beach Tent – If you’re spending an entire day at the beach, you definitely need this. You never want your dog to be in direct sun all day. Set up a beach umbrella or tent for them to stay cool in the shade. I really like this umbrella/tent hybrid!
6. Beach Blanket – I always set up a beach blanket so Chuy can sit on it and not sit directly on the hot sand. I put this under our umbrella along with his water bowl. You may also want a beach towel like these microfiber towels to dry your dog after a swim!
7. Sunscreen – Did you know that dogs can get sunburn? Chuy has thick fur so he doesn’t burn but the insides of his ears will get pink from the sun. Sunscreen is a must especially if your dog has pink/white skin or thin fur.
9. Food & Treats – This one really depends on how long you’ll be at the beach. If it’s all day, I definitely recommend bringing food. I always bring treats regardless of how long.
10. First Aid Kit – This is something you should have in your car at all times anyways. Hopefully you don’t need it but it’s smart to have a first-aid kit handy! Here’s how to create a DIY first-aid kit for your pet.
Be sure to also check out our Tips for Taking Your Dog to the Beach.
What Are Your Must Haves for the Beach with Your Dog?
What did we miss? What do you take to the beach for your dog?
Stay Connected with Irresistible Pets
If you liked this post, make sure to never miss another one! Subscribe to our newsletter and stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Be sure to check out our DIY Gallery for more dog treat recipes and other ways to help you create an irresistible life with your pets.