Is it HOT where you are? I know it’s scorching here in Virginia Beach! We are well over the 100 degree mark and rising. Man, we are ready for Fall! Even Chuy Chihuahua doesn’t want to be outside!
As you know, Summer brings with it different challenges when it comes to our pets health and safety. I’ve put together a list of online resources for some of the most common pet related health/safety issues during the dog days of Summer!
- Pet Allergies: Check out this video from Banfield Pet Hospital on detecting and treating pet allergies.
- Sun Protection for Your Pet.
- Heatstroke! Signs to watch for symptoms of heatstroke.
- How to Safely Remove a Tick.
- Video: The Warning Signs of Lyme Disease
- Tips for Swimming Safely with Your Pet.
- Poisonous Garden Mulch. Everyone should read this!
- The ASPCA Guide to Pet Safe Gardening
- More Hot Weather Tips from ASPCA
What are YOUR summer pet health/safety tips?