I wanted to make Chuy a St. Patrick’s day shirt since his other one is a little old and too small. I picked up a plain white tee at Michael’s (YES they have pet stuff!!) and the Shamrocks are from the Dollar Tree! This is so simple to make and cost me under $5!
Be sure to check out these other St. Patrick Day posts on the blog!
- Pet Printable – Pet Me I’m Irish
- DIY Shamrock Pet Treat Jar
- Irresistible Pet Finds for St Patrick’s Day
Supplies You Need
- Plain white dog t-shirt
- Shamrock Table Scatter (can find this at The Dollar Tree)
- Tulip Fashion Glitter Bond(or any fabric glue)
- Piece of cardboard
Directions – How to Make A Shamrock Dog Shirt
1. Put the plain t-shirt on your dog to measure exactly where you want to glue on the shamrocks.
2. Remove the t-shirt and place a piece of cardboard or something similar in between the shirt so that you don’t glue the shirt together! Also, be careful not to glue the shirt to the cardboard! Layout the shamrocks on the shirt before you glue them on.
3. Apply the fabric glue to the back of the shamrock (s) and position them on the shirt.
4. Wait for the glue to dry.
The Finished Product
Your finished product should look something like this! I picked up the sequin bow-tie and leprechaun hat also at the Dollar Tree!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Check out all of our Irresistible Pets DIY ideas here!