What does Summer time mean to you? For me, its about the beach, sun, fun, cookouts, and of course celebrating Independence Day! Earlier this week I shared how to create a Patriotic Tie Dye Dog Shirt with Tulip One-Step Tie-Dye. Well, the fun continues today with a Patriotic Tie Dye Beach Bag DIY tutorial. You can use this bag for all your dogs beach necessities or your favorite sunscreen and towel for the beach/pool. Lets get started!
- Tulip One-Step Tie-Dye in Red and Blue (The kit includes plastic gloves and rubber bands)
- White Canvas Tote Bag (I got a pack of 3 for $5 with a coupon at Michaels)
- Plastic wrap
- Plastic table cloth
Instructions Patriotic Tie Dye Beach Bag
The instructions are identical to the ones I provided in the dog shirt tutorial. Ill summarize the steps below but for detailed instructions, head over to the Patriotic Tie Dye Dog Shirt post.
1. Prep Your Work Area by laying down a disposable table cloth. I picked up a Patriotic one at the Dollar Tree.
2. Prep the Tote Bag by sectioning it off with rubber bands in 3 different sections like this:
3. Mix the Tie Dye with water and give it a good shake.
4. Dye the Bag in sections. I did one big red section, left the middle white, and dyed the bottom section blue.
5. Wrap it Up with plastic wrap and let it sit for 6-8 hours. The longer the bag sits, the more intense the colors will appear.
6. Unwrap the bag and rinse with water until the water runs clear.
7. Wash the bag in the washer machine alone with a tiny bit of detergent.
Tie Dye is awesome because every project looks different and unique. My finished project looks like this:
Have an irresistible Summer and a safe and happy Independence Day!
More Tie Dye Ideas!
Im a Tie Dye Your Summer Ambassador for Tulip and I Love to Create. Check out these projects from other blog ambassadors!