Did you know that Friday, June 6th is National Donut Day? Chuy and I are celebrating a little early by showing you how to bake Irresistible Dog Donuts at home! I mean what fun is Donut Day without celebrating it WITH your dog?! These are simple to make and believe me your dog will think they are totally irresistible! If you make these, be sure to snap a pic and post on Instagram using #IrresistiblePets
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Whole Wheat or Unbleached Flour
- 3/4 cup of Beef or Chicken Broth. I use Sodium Free.
- 3 Tablespoons of Old Fashioned Oats
Optional Ingredients for the Icing
- Non Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
You’ll need these supplies in addition to your standard baking tools:
Step by Step Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prep a baking sheet by spraying with Pam.
2. Whisk the egg in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the flour, broth, and oats to the egg mixture.
4. Continue to mix together until you have a dough like consistency.
5. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. I always do this on top of wax paper for easy clean up!
6. Cut out the donuts using a large circular cookie cutter.
7. Take a smaller circular cookie cutter and cut a hole into each donut.
8. Place the donuts on a baking sheet.
9. Place the donuts in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
10. Once the donuts have cooled, decorate them with some icing! I mixed together some Greek yogurt with a drop of honey to thicken it up. If you want to get extra fancy, you can add a few sprinkles to give them some color.
It’s pretty obvious by Chuy’s creeper status that he thinks dog donuts are irresistibly delicious!
C isn’t for cookie, it’s for CHUY!
Enough pics, it’s time to go in for the kill! Nom, Nom, Nom!!!
How will you celebrate National Donut Day with your dog? Let us know down in the comments below!
Stay Connected with Irresistible Pets
If you liked this post, make sure to never miss another one! Subscribe to our newsletter and stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Be sure to check out our DIY Gallery for more dog treat recipes and other ways to help you create an irresistible life with your pets.