I only paid $2 to create this Halloween project . I already had all of the paint on hand so I purchased this foam pumpkin and jeweled push pins from the Dollar Tree for $1 each. You can paint your pumpkins any color you want. I went with purple because all of my Halloween décor is purple, black, and silver. These little jeweled pumpkins are the perfect compliment to our DIY Cat Masquerade pumpkin .
Supplies You Need
- Foam Craft Pumpkin (I got mine from the Dollar Tree)
- Jeweled Push Pins (Dollar Tree)
- Martha Stewart Craft Paint in Purple Yam
- Martha Stewart Glitter Craft Paint in Purple Sapphire
- Paint Brush
Step 1 – Paint the Pumpkin
Paint the pumpkin using Martha Stewart Craft Paint in Purple Yam. Allow the paint to dry. Apply additional coats of paint as needed until none of the orange color is showing.
Step 2 – Glitterfy the Pumpkin
Once the paint has dried, apply a layer of Martha Stewart Glitter Craft Paint in Purple Sapphire to achieve a glittery effect.
Step 3 – Apply Jeweled Thumbtacks
Once all of the paint has dried, insert the jeweled push pins. I applied mine on every other groove of the pumpkin.
Once you are done, your pumpkins should look something like this:
More Fall Ideas for Pets
- Huge Roundup of DIY Pet Halloween Costumes
- Pet Pumpkin Carving Patterns and Ideas
- Halloween Pet Treats Roundup
- Dollar Tree Glam Pumpkins
- Ghost Dog Toy Tutorial
- Candy Crush Dog Costume
- Pirate Dog No Sew Costume
- 25 Pumpkin Recipes for Dogs
- Fall Harvest Dog Crackers
- Apple Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- Frozen Apple Dog Treat Recipe
- Skeleton Bone Treats
- Ghostly Ice Cube Treats
- Fall Bucket List for Pets