What does Summer time mean to you? For me, it’s about the beach, sun, fun, cookouts, and of course celebrating Independence Day! Earlier this week I shared how to create a Patriotic Tie Dye Dog Shirt with Tulip One-Step Tie-Dye. Well, the fun continues today with a Patriotic Tie Dye Beach Bag DIY tutorial. You can use this bag for all your dog’s beach necessities or your favorite sunscreen and towel for the beach/pool. Let’s get started!
- Tulip One-Step Tie-Dye in Red and Blue (The kit includes plastic gloves and rubber bands)
- White Canvas Tote Bag (I got a pack of 3 for $5 with a coupon at Michael’s)
- Plastic wrap
- Plastic table cloth (Dollar Tree has them!)
Instructions – Patriotic Tie Dye Beach Bag
The instructions are identical to the ones I provided in the dog shirt tutorial. I’ll summarize the steps below but for detailed instructions, head over to the Patriotic Tie Dye Dog Shirt post.
1. Prep Your Work Area by laying down a disposable table cloth. I picked up a Patriotic one at the Dollar Tree.
2. Prep the Tote Bag by sectioning it off with rubber bands in 3 different sections like this:
3. Mix the Tie Dye with water and give it a good shake.
4. Dye the Bag in sections. I did one big red section, left the middle white, and dyed the bottom section blue.
5. Wrap it Up with plastic wrap and let it sit for 6-8 hours. The longer the bag sits, the more intense the colors will appear.
6. Unwrap the bag and rinse with water until the water runs clear.
7. Wash the bag in the washer machine alone with a tiny bit of detergent.
Tie Dye is awesome because every project looks different and unique. My finished project looks like this:
Have an irresistible Summer and a safe and happy Independence Day!
Stay Connected with Irresistible Pets
If you liked this post, make sure to never miss another one! Subscribe to our newsletter and stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Be sure to check out our DIY Gallery for dog treat recipes and other ways to help you create an irresistible life with your pets.
Stacey Van Horn says
The tote came out looking really good and so patriotic! I loved the beach pictures because being from Florida, that is what summer means to me … Fourth of July at the beach.
Irresistible Pets says
Thanks Stacey! Right? I couldn’t imagine a summer without the beach! xoxo
Chelsea Price says
This is adorable! I am loving tie-dye for the summer! And I am very excited to see you can get those tote bags so cheap at Michael’s…are you going to be doing any more DIY projects with the others in the package? The possibilities are endless 🙂
Thank you! My niece made one of them with neon colors and it was really cool!!
That is beautiful. I did not know that such a simple product existed, and here I am calling myself a craft blogger. lol! I will be pinning…
Love how your bag turned out! I pinned it. Feel free to come share your DIY at my weekly party. Theresa @DearCreatives
Love this bag and what a patriotic way to tote your stuff to the beach 🙂
Irresistible Pets says
Heather - dollarstorecrafts says
I love the beach bag! So colorful & fun!