I wanted to make Chuy something special for Valentine’s Day besides the “Be My Green Heart Treats.” I have absolutely no sewing skills even though my Mom is a master quilter/sewer/painter, so I’ll create work around any chance I get! I created these No Sew Heart Pet Toys using just a few supplies and of course a dash of love!
Chuy loves his new heart toy and I hope your Irresistible Pet will too!
Supplies You Need
- Two 9 X 12 inch pieces of Soft Felt (I got mine at AC Moore for 29 cents each)
- Pen or Pencil
- Heart Stencil
- Stuffing (You can use the filling from an old dog toy)
DIY Now Sew Heart Pet Toy Tutorial
1. Take each layer of soft felt and evenly stack them on top of each other.
2. Trace the heart on to the soft felt using a pen or pencil. You can also freehand the heart if you prefer. I used a foam heart that I picked up at AC Moore.
3. Once you have completed tracing the heart, take your scissors and start cutting small strips around the outside of the heart. Don’t cut over the line you traced.
4. While keeping the layers together, tie a double knot in each strip.
5. Keep cutting and tying strips until you have almost the entire heart tied together. You’ll want to leave enough room to stuff the heart.
6. Fill the heart using left over felt pieces or use filling from an old dog toy.
7. Once the heart has been stuffed, continue cutting and tying strips to secure everything in place.
8. Trim the edges as needed.
The Completed Project
The completed project should look something like this:
Chuy Chihuahua Tested and Approved!
Chuy is in love with his new Valentine’s Day No Sew Heart Toy!
Happy Valentine’s Day! How are you spoiling your dog this Valentine’s Day? If you need ideas and inspiration, be sure to check out some of our other Valentine’s Day posts:
- DIY Dog Treat Jars for Valentine’s Day
- Valentine’s Day Pup Cakes
- Valentine’s Day DIY Rope Toy
- Irresistible Finds for Valentine’s Day
- Be My Green Heart Healthy Dog Treat
- Valentine’s Day Pet Safety Tips