I’m always looking for a way to take more dog friendly vacations. Chuy Chihuahua has traveled more than some humans. When he was just a puppy we went to Texas and he became “famous” while we toured the Riverwalk in San Antonio! Chuy’s been all over the state of Virginia, the Outer Banks of NC, DC, Nashville, Las Vegas, the Hoover Dam, and Houston . . . just to name a few! Summer time is here and that means it’s time for summer vacation! There’s no reason you have to leave your dog behind when there’s so many dog friendly destinations all over the US.
We’ve created The Ultimate Guide to Dog Friendly Vacations to help you get inspired to plan your next vacation with your dog! Our guide is broken down by regions within the US. If you’re flying, I highly recommend checking out 10 Air Travel Tips for Small Dogs and 10 Secret Hacks for a Successful Dog Friendly Road Trip.
- Dog Friendly Charlottesville, VA by Irresistible Pets
- Dog Friendly DC, Cheap and Easy! by Irresistible Pets
- A Dog’s Day Out in DC by Alanna & Company
- Dog Friendly Ashville, NC by Basil’s Travels
- Dog Friendly Charleston, SC by Ammo the Dachshund
- Dog Beach in Isle Palms, SC by Ammo the Dachshund
- The Ultimate Guide to Dog Friendly Savannah, GA by Irresistible Pets
- 10 Dog Friendly Trails in Georgia by Atlanta Trails
- Pet Friendly Sanibel Island, FL by Port Sanibel Marina
- NYC: Dog Friendly Places to Eat & Drink by Honest Cooking
- Dog Friendly Philly by Basil’s Travels
- Dog Friendly Beaches in Cape Cod by Fido Loves
- Traveling With A Dog in Maine by Fidose of Reality
- 13 Dog Friendly Summer Beaches in Maine from York to Camden
- Galveston, Texas: A Dog Friendly Beach Getaway by Go Pet Friendly
- 10 Dog Friendly Hangouts in Austin, TX by Culture Map Austin
- Dog Friendly Austin by The Austinot
- 30 Dog Friendly Places in Houston by Chron
- 6 Unknown Dog Friendly Trails Near Seattle by You Did What With Your Weiner
- 5 Challenging (and Spectacular) Day Hikes for You and Your Dog Around Seattle by You Did What With Your Weiner
- 11 Reasons Why Seattle is the Most Dog Friendly City by You Did What With Your Weiner
- Dog-Friendly Travel Along Oregon Coast by The Bark
- 5 Outdoor Dog Friendly Attractions in Portland by Travel the World
- Dog Friendly Guide to Carmel by Ever in Transit
- Dog Friendly Guide to the Central CA Coast by Ever in Transit
- Dog Friendly Mill Creek Canyon Waterfall Hike- Moab Utah by Katie Wanders
- Estes Park Dog Friendly Hiking by Just a Colorado Gal
- Gilbert, AZ: Where Dogs are Always Welcome! by Dog Mom Days
- Dog Friendly Tourist Attractions in Arizona by Dog Mom Days
- Pet Friendly Sedona Arizona by The Constant Rambler
- North Lake Tahoe by Dog Trekker
Dog Friendly Road Trips
- The Ultimate East West Road Trip for Dogs by Hip Munk
- The Ultimate Pet Friendly American Road Trip by Go Pet Friendly
Dog Friendly Vacation Resources
- Dog Friendly Travel Packing List by It’s Dog or Nothing
- Dog Friendly State Parks by The Voyaging
- Dog Friendly Hotel Chains by The BarkPost
- Go Pet Friendly – Check out the Road Trip Planner
Join the Conversation
Are you planning any dog friendly vacations this summer? Is there a dog friendly destination we missed? Tell us all about it in the comments below!
Even if you’re not taking a vacation, what about a staycation? Check out our 5 Free Things To Do With Your Dog This Summer & The Ultimate Guide to Frozen Dog Treats.
Stay Connected with Irresistible Pets
If you liked this post, make sure to never miss another one! Subscribe to our newsletter and stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Be sure to check out our DIY Gallery for more dog treat recipes and other ways to help you create an irresistible life with your pets.
Heidi Hanreck says
For the last 9 months my 2 rescue-now adventure seeking dogs and I have been traveling all over the US in search of dog-friendly natural adventures! We have found something amazing to see and explore everyday. I would love to share an adventure/s with you.
Please visit our new website http://www.thetreatlife.com to see if our adventures are a good fit for you and your readers!
Alanna @ Alanna & Company says
Thanks for linking to my article!