Fall is definitely in the air and I couldn’t be more excited about it! Fall is my favorite time of year because I love the weather, the leaves, Halloween, and of course the food!
I love going to an apple orchard and picking my own apples. They are so much juicer than the grocery store apples! Apples are healthy for both humans and dogs alike. According to Vet Info,
“They offer vitamin C and dietary fiber, and they are low in sodium and saturated fat. They contain calcium and phosphorus, and they also add to a dog’s skin and coat health by adding omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids to his diet.”
Are apples good for dogs? Yes, of course but there are some precautions you should know about. I would like to add that you shouldn’t feed the apple core or seeds to your dog. I recommend getting an apple corer when making treats for your dog. Use common sense and practice moderation with any treats outside of your dog’s normal diet. If you are unsure about feeding them apples, please contact your vet!
I recently posted a Frozen Apple Dog Treat Recipe and wanted to share a few more apple dog treat recipe ideas for dogs that I thought looked irresistible.
1. Apple Peanut Butter Dog Treats by Irresistible Pets
2. Apple, Cheddar, and Bacon Bit Dog Treats by The Cottage Market
3. Apple and Peanut Butter Dog Treats by Spa Bettie
4. Apple Oatmeal Homemade Dog Biscuits by Brownie Bites
5. Apple Oatmeal Dog Treats by Pawsh Magazine
6. Pumpkin and Apple Dog Treats by Pumpkinista
7. Homemade Apple and Carrot Dog Treats Recipe by The Rodimels
8. Sweet Potato Apple Dog Treats by Whole Foods
9. Apple Pumpkin Banana Bones by Sugar the Golden Retriever
10. Homemade Natural Dog Treat Recipe with Fresh Apples by 17 Apart
11. Homemade Gluten-Free Ginger Apple Treats by Good Dogs & Co
12. Apple Carrot Bits by Doggy Dessert Chef
13. Grain-Free Peanut Butter Apple Doggy Cake by Spoonful of Sugar Free
14. Homemade Apple Chip Dog Treats by First Home Love Life
15. Apple Bacon Dog Treats by Munchin with Munchkin
16. Frozen Apple Dog Treats by Irresistible Pets
17. Sweet Potato and Apple Pupcakes by The Speckled Palate
18. Apple Oatmeal by Doggyloot
19. Apple, Carrot & Bacon Dog Biscuits by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
20. Apple Pie Dog Treat Recipe by Dog Tipper
21. Delicious Apple Pie Recipe by Pup Culture Magazine
22. Apple Cranberry Dog Treats by Doggy Dessert Chef
23. Apple Crunch Pupcakes by Lola the Pitty
24. Apple Cinnamon Dog Treats by Two Little Cavaliers
25. Ginger Apple Lamb Muttballs by Kols Notes
Know of an irresistible apple dog treat recipe that’s not listed here? Leave a comment below, so we can add it to the list!
More Fall Recipe Ideas for Dogs
- Pumpkin Spice Dog Treats
- Fall Harvest Dog Crackers
- Pumpkin Cheesecake for Dogs
- Pumpkin FroYo Bites
- Super Bones for Game Day
- Skeleton Bone Treats
- Ghostly Ice Cube Treats
My dogs love apples! The peanut butter apple one looks tasty, as does Sugar’s banana apple pumpkin.
FYI Aimee, I accidentally deleted your comment you left about the Frenchies on a road trip. For some reason all my comments go to spam and I have to sort through to approve the valid ones. I was going through my spam folder so quickly today that I accidentally hit delete before I realized. So sorry!!! 🙁
Sarah at LolaThePitty.com says
Thanks so much for including our Apple Pupcakes! What a great roundup of ideas 🙂 – sharing!
Golden Woofs: Sugar says
Love cooking with Apples. Currently, making an apple sauce for our Tasty Tuesday post. Golden Thanks for including us on your list 🙂 Golden Woofs
Good Dogs & Co. says
Thanks for including our Ginger Apple Treats in your roundup! We’ve done a few other apple treats (a frosty mint/apple treat too!) — it’s a great ingredient for some quick, easy dog treats!