This is the easiest DIY Pet Treat I’ve ever made! You only need TWO ingredients! OMG, these are so easy and fun to make for Easter or any time of the year. Put your Easter dog treats inside of these DIY treat jars or an Easter Basket and you’ve got the perfect Easter present for your dog!
In addition to your normal baking tools, you will need:
Ingredients for Biscuits
- 2 cups of non-bleached or whole wheat flour
- 2 jars of baby food (I used Gerber Chicken & Chicken Gravy)
Ingredients for Icing
Treats are not intended to take the place of a well balanced nutritional diet. Treats should only be used occasionally. Any time you are introducing new food into your pet’s diet, please consult with your veterinarian. This recipe is worked well for my dog, Chuy but I cannot guarantee that this exact recipe will work for your pet. Never feed your pets onions, grapes, raisins, or chocolate as they can have fatal side effects.
Directions – How to Make Bunny Bones for Easter
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix both ingredients together to form dough. You may need to add water or additional flour.
3. On a lightly floured surface, such as wax paper, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thick.
4. Use your bone cookie cutter or any other desired shape to cut out the biscuits.
5. Spray a cookie sheet lightly with Pam and place treats about a 1/2 inch apart.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
I cannot guarantee that your dog won’t sit under your feet the entire time you are baking. lol
Directions – How to Frost Your Bunny Bones
1. Allow treats to completely cool before decorating.
2. Melt about half a cup of Carob Chips in the microwave. You’ll need to do this in 10 seconds bursts to get the best effect.
3. Once melted, use a fork to drizzle the Carob over the bones to get this effect:
4. Dip bones into the melted Carob for this effect:
5. Optional – Top with Sprinkles (like bunny shapes!) while the Carob is still hot.
That’s it! Now you’ll have these Irresistible Bunny Bones for Easter! Package them up for gifts, add to your dog’s Easter basket, or freeze for later! Chuy ate his so fast I couldn’t even snap a pic!!! These are simply Irresistible!
For more Irresistible Pets DIY ideas check out our DIY Gallery. Bone Appetite!