This easy dog treat recipe is the perfect way to celebrate National Donut Day with your pup. Although, Chuy and I love donuts anytime of the year. You will too when you see how easy this dog donut recipe is to make. You might even have all or most of the ingredients in your pantry!
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Whole Wheat or Unbleached Flour
- 3/4 cup of Beef or Chicken Broth. I use Sodium Free.
- 3 Tablespoons of Old Fashioned Oats
Ingredients for the Dog Donut Icing
You have two options for the icing. You can either make it using the ingredients below OR you can order this Dog Cake Frosting from K9Cakery.
- Non Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
You’ll need these supplies in addition to your standard baking tools:
Step by Step Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a baking sheet with Pam.
2. Whisk the egg in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the flour, broth, and oats to the egg mixture.
4. Continue to mix together until you have a dough like consistency.
5. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. I always do this on top of wax paper for easy clean up!
6. Cut out the donuts using a large circular cookie cutter.
7. Take a smaller circular cookie cutter and cut a hole into each donut.
8. Place the donuts on a baking sheet.
9. Place the donuts in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
10. Once the donuts have cooled, decorate them with some icing! I mixed together some Greek yogurt with a drop of honey to thicken it up. If you want to get extra fancy, you can add a few sprinkles to give them some color. Pressed for time? Order this Dog Cake Frosting.
It’s pretty obvious by Chuy’s creeper status that he thinks this dog donut recipe is irresistibly delicious!
C isn’t for cookie, it’s for CHUY!
Enough pics, it’s time to go in for the kill! Nom, Nom, Nom!!!
How will you celebrate National Donut Day with your dog? Let us know down in the comments below!
Stay Connected with Irresistible Pets
If you liked this post, make sure to never miss another one! Subscribe to our newsletter and stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Be sure to check out our DIY Gallery for more dog treat recipes and other ways to help you create an irresistible life with your pets.