As a pet owner, you know that our dogs can get into just about anything. They are curious, hungry, and determined! Just like kids, we have to keep a close eye on our furry friends. They can eat something poisonous in just the blink of an eye.
My little Chuy the Chihuahua has eaten a plethora of human goodies. Or at least tried to eat, and I was able to stop him!
- A carb blocker pill (it was under my bed the first month we owned him). I rushed him to the vet but luckily he was just fine as he didn’t digest it all.
- A piece of cookie cake that was on my night stand. He managed to snatch the napkin and eat it up while I was typing away. That cost me around $60 as the vet was closed and I had to dial Animal Poison control!
- Debit Card
- Credit Card (he has expensive taste!)
- My diamond wedding ring!
- Crumbs (who knows what’s being digested!)
The point is that our furry pals need our love and attention. I use the kennel method with Chuy when I’m away from the house and I can’t watch him. That keeps him safe and out of harms way.
NatGeo has debuted the show, “My Dog Ate What?” on Wednesdays at 9pm EST. I recommend it to all pet lovers out there. It will open your eyes to the common household dangers our little ones can get into.
Leave a Reply