Minties vs Greenies?
I get Chuy’s teeth cleaned professionally by the vet once a year. However, in between cleanings and brushing, I usually give him a Greenie just about every day. After BlogPaws, I had the opportunity to work with Vet IQ to try out Minties.
I wondered how they compared to Greenies and I read this on the Minties website:
Minties® contain five natural breath fresheners compared to the two for Greenies. These breath fresheners work in multiple ways to promote fresh breath for your dog. Both Minties® and Greenies have a mechanical action to help clean the teeth and remove the plaque and tartar. Minties® do not contain wheat or grain and are easily digested. And last but not least, Minties® sell for just a fraction of the cost of Greenies
I don’t normally do product reviews for food or treats but I decided to give these a shot. Overall, I’ve been happy with Minties and most importantly so has Chuy. Here are my pros and cons based on my experience with the product.
Pros – Minties Dental Treats
- Minties come in various sizes depending on the weight of your dog. Chuy eats the “tiny” size.
- Minties are made in the USA. I refuse to buy any treats from China after all the issues that have been reported.
- Minties can be used in between teeth cleanings to clean teeth, freshen breath, and remove plaque and tarter.
- Minties can be purchased at Walmart.com or online with Amazon Prime!
Cons – Minties Dental Treats
- Chuy nearly inhales Minties when I give him one which concerns me that he could choke. I did a lot of research on this because some people don’t believe in these teeth cleaning treats because they think their dogs don’t fully digest them. Minties claims to be easily digested. Personally, we didn’t experience any issues with digestion.
Are Minties Irresistible?
Chuy definitely thinks that Minties are Irresistible! I’m going to give Minties 4 out of 4 paws for this review!
Chuy was patiently waiting for me to give him a Mintie!
Have you tried Minties before? What did you like about them?
Stay Connected with Irresistible Pets
If you liked this post, make sure to never miss another one! Subscribe to our newsletter and stay connected with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Be sure to check out our DIY Gallery for more dog treat recipes and other ways to help you create an irresistible life with your pets.
CATHERINE C CEPEDA says
My dog loves Minties. But he eats them so fast I have a hard time believing they really help. I also notice they do not do much for cleaning his teeth. my dog and I do Like Minties better then all of the other things out there.