Just like people, early detection of cancer in pets is critical. In honor of Pet Cancer Awareness month, Irresistible Pets wants to help educate you on how to detect the early signs of pet cancer. Remember, you should always schedule an appointment with your vet if you have concerns or have specific medical questions.
The Top 10 Early Signs of Pet Cancer
The Veterinary Cancer Society has identified ten early warning signs of pet cancer.
- Persistent, abnormal swelling
- Sores that do not heal
- Loss of weight
- Loss of appetite
- Bleeding or discharge from any body opening
- Offensive odor
- Difficulty eating or swallowing
- Hesitation to exercise or loss of stamina
- Persistent lameness or stiffness
- Difficulty breathing, urinating or defecating
If your pet has any of these early warning signs, contact your veterinarian as soon as possible for a complete examination.
Want to help donate to pet cancer research? Click here to learn how easy and affordable it is. Especially in the month of May, which is pet cancer awareness month.